Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Take Your Lies Somewhere Else

You really hurt my feelings today.
Maybe you could tell a little bit,
but tomorrow I'm acting like you didn't lie to me.
I'm going to pretend that you have no effect on me at all.

You don't deserve the privilege to change how I feel or don't feel.

At times I was your best friend, but mostly a filler when no one else cooler was around.
That's not happening anymore.
I am worth something.

Maybe one day you'll realize that high school isn't everything.
Maybe one day you'll realize how many people you hurt.
Maybe one day you'll start thinking about somebody besides yourself.

Stop thinking everyone's in love with you.
Stop acting like a girl and man up.

But I do thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson:
Don't expect anything from anyone,
and you'll never get hurt.

2 comments: